Studying abroad is becoming more desirable in Pakistani students. There are many reasons to it but we are concerned about the way to get study visa for Pakistani students. Obviously when a student of Pakistan plans to study in the UK, he is non-European and needs to apply for UK student visa. There are many types of visa having its own restrictions and limitations. Also student visa depends on a person’s age, type of courses to study, duration of course, universities etc.

There are two types of student visas. You can apply for a six month visa as a “prospective” student, where you have not yet decided either on the course or the institution. Under the rules you can now switch over as a student whilst in the UK. Previously, because Pakistan was a visa national one had to return to Pakistan for a student visa.  That is not now the case

Students are allowed to work part-time but no more than 20 hours per week.

Cheap accommodation is usually plenty but first year students are advised to ask their institution to provide the same on campus.

Most student applications are straight forward however, it is advisable that proper advice is sought on the type and level of course of study, fees etc. before making such an application. There is a right of appeal against refusal of student visas.

How do I qualify to travel to the UK as a student? You must be able to show that you have been accepted on a course of study at:

1. a publicly funded institution of further or higher education (e.g. a university)
2. a private-education institution
3. an independent fee paying school

And that you are going to follow:

1. a recognised full-time degree course
2. a weekday full-time course involving at least 15 hours organized daytime study per week
3. a full-time course of study at an independent fee paying school

You must also:

1. be able to pay for your course and support an accommodate yourself and any dependents without working or help from public funds
2. plan to leave the UK when you complete your studies
2. plan to leave the UK when you complete your studies