The visa must be issued before you can enter the country; you should therefore apply for it in good time. The responsible body is the German Embassy or Consulate General in your country, which can also provide you with further information. You should get a student visa if you are scheduling to study in Germany. If you have been received at German University then it is suitable you apply for a student visa in person for at least 3 months in advance before going to Germany.

All your documents and application will be sending to the Office of Immigration (Ausländeramt) where you will study. After the application acquires approved by the Office of Immigration will issue you a residence permit in the form of visa. You are obligatory to register upon your first entrance in Germany.
Three Types of Visa for International Students

1. A language course visa is a type of visa in which it cannot be subsequently converted into a student visa. It is valid only for the duration of the course.

2. A three-month study applicant’s visa which is valid if you have not yet obtained university admission. After admission, it must be converted as quickly as possible into a resident permit for student purposes at the office for foreigners’ affairs.

3. The visa for study purposes is valid for one year. In order to obtain this visa, you must provide proof of admission and financial support for the duration of study.